Friday, November 6, 2009

And so it begins!

I have to get ready for our second performance, but I wanted to jot down the snapshots I remember from our ABSOLUTELY AMAZING opening night last night!

- Texting Jonny to tell him how excited I was, and laughing at his response: "Hellsyeah! Shark bait, ooh ha ha!"
- Carrying props/sets/furniture/bags from Mayers into the library courtyard, roughly three hours before curtain.
- Screaming with excitement with Megan, and scaring James because he thought the set was falling over on us.
- Running to get AAA batteries from the bookstore, and jumping up and down with excitement when I ran into some friends in the coffee shop.
- Making innuendos with Chelsea as she tried to pin my skirt after saying, "This might sound weird, but I'm going in under your skirt."
- Breaking one of the wineglasses not an hour before we were supposed to start, feeling terrible, then feeling bolstered by how kind everyone was about it.
- Doing vocal warmups with the cast before the audience came in, and laughing about how we were likely bothering/scaring the students trying to study in the library.
- Julia praying over us, thanking God for this opportunity to create art.
- Peter popping backstage during intermission to say, "I know I'm breaking rules, but I love you all!"
- Jim and Meg: the best yet.
- Trying not to laugh during the Standish scene, which is easily the funniest scene of the whole play.
- Feeling very awkward after our bows, as we walked off stage and past everyone at their tables.
- One awesome, huge group hug with Julia when it was all over.
- More hugs from everyone who came, Gregory people, Magician's nephew people.

No comments:

Post a Comment